In today’s fast-moving software environment, it can be easy to become complacent over the need for testing and certification. This is particularly true for any work that is customer-facing. Consumers will very quickly vote with their thumbs if an experience is anything less than positive. Neutral won’t cut it, and a poor experience could mean you lose credibility in the highly competitive App and POS market.
With our years working in the App and POS space we’ve seen success and failure first hand and we’re absolutely convinced that a little time spent up front will save you an exponential amount of time fixing anything you might have missed.
Your success is our success, and as we’ve implemented many integrations, we want to share our knowledge and expertise with any new Apps or POS who partner with us from the start. One reason is to help any new partners understand best practice, so they can avoid delays before they go into pilot and then into production.
We like to start by talking through your software and sharing our experience and guidance to help speed up your integration and highlight some common potholes. This way we can both be confident there are no nasty surprises when your App or POS is deployed. The end result is a simplified and much smoother process when it comes to testing.
Certification gives you, us and venue owners confidence that the Apps or POS they are working with has ticked all the necessary boxes.
With Doshii, we tailor the certification process according to whether you are an App or POS. There’s no point in making anyone feel like they’re jumping through unnecessary hoops. The result is a certification pre-flight checklist, which gives everyone confidence that all the bases have been covered.
This is all discussed up-front during initial consultation. It’s a collaborative process where we all have a say, and where we can all be sure that no use cases are missed.
Make no mistake, we’re on a constant learning curve too. First, certification helps us learn what our partners are working on, so we can modify our API to complement what you’re doing. And second, if you do need to check in with us for support further down the development track, we’ve already had a walk-through of your software and have a first-hand understanding of it. This helps us talk you through how to navigate any issues that might crop up.
3 Simple Steps to Certification
- Trial – evaluate Doshii API
- Integration implementation
- Developer walkthrough & kick-off including likely Certification scenarios
- Integration Development
- Pre-certification walkthrough: a 1-hour session to identify cases and smoke-test
- Certification attempt – 1-2hr walkthrough session (can be remote)
What Exactly are the Benefits of Certification?
- Confidence that any Apps or POS will work as designed and that software will plug and play, with little or no intervention needed.
- The required standards have been met and shared across the platform.
- The App or POS is best-of-breed for its particular niche.
- There is strong support from Doshii during development and post-launch.
- You get the most out of Doshii’s knowledge and experience.
- There is a simplified, guided development lifecycle.
- Less redevelopment due to initial assessment and planning
- Certification ensures the platform is secure with each integration tested
What Does this Mean for Apps and POS?
Venues can have confidence that certified Apps will plug and play and feel confident supporting them. Likewise, Apps can have confidence that no matter which POS they connect with, or what changes are made to a connected POS, their integration will continue to work seamlessly. This frees up developers to focus on what they do best, with less stress.
POS, in turn, can feel secure they can offer a wide range of services to augment their product, and that they will work without any problems. Certification gives everyone in the ecosystem confidence.
Why Should You Prioritise Certification?
- It ensures important properties aren’t missed, such as reference IDs.
- You are able to subscribe and unsubscribe to a venue and understand the onboarding process.
- You can be confident important data, such as payments, reconciles.
- Depending on which services you want to utilise, basic use cases will be conducted depending on which type of App you are. For example, there are different use cases if you are an ordering, payment or reservations App.
Are you interested in learning about the development process with Doshii? Click here to get in touch and find out more.