Record Number of Integrations in March
We have never had so many App certifications in one month before, with some exciting implementations taking place in collaboration with some great partners. Look out for the new integration announcements coming soon. Follow us on Linkedin and @doshii_api for the latest updates.
Check out our new video, which highlights the value that Doshii brings in connecting Apps & POS.
Update on the new Support & Guide Platform
You would have seen a section last month describing our new API Documentation and Support platform, which enables all Doshii users to chat with our team members directly from any of our platforms; the Doshii Website, Dashboard, Support and Guide.
This means all users have quick and easy access to our experienced support team if they require any assistance. We’re confident our new platform provides a great user experience for all of our clients.
A number of you have been in touch recently asking where the documentation has been relocated to following our platform release.
Click here to access our Support and Guide platform.
Please note that if you haven’t already, you’ll need to request access to the new documentation, which the Doshii team will review and approve.
If you are a Doshii Integration partner, you will already have access to the Support and Guide. If you haven’t signed up yet, click below to get started.
Latest blog in our CTO John’s API Integration series
Doshii CTO John Twomey has created an easy-to-understand blog series covering all aspects of API Integration. The latest one is titled Architecting multiple integrations via one API. Below are the key points; click here to read John’s full run down.
- There are complexities associated with integrating with third-party API’s due to competing APIs and standards. This increases development, testing and maintenance time and costs, but can be mitigated by using a ‘middleware’ API.
- What if your application or POS system could talk to a single service that internally handled communication with each of the related API’s and then just shipped you the result? It might look something like the graphic below.
- We’ve added a ‘middleware’ layer that sits between your solution and the rest of the world. Instead of talking to many different APIs, your solution only needs to integrate with one; the middleware’s. This means a reduction in development, testing, and maintenance; i.e. time and money.
- This middleware is called Doshii (see the diagram below). Doshii provides API integration, management and aggregation as a service. This frees up your time and allows you to focus on your product.
1. What is API Integration? John outlines what an API integration is, provides some background on how it came to be and explains its importance in modern technology. Read more here.
2. API Integration Basics. Learn about the key features of an API integration from an expert. And how to pull it all together to create a successful integration. Read more here.
Doshii partners with Bluflow for advanced digital menus
Doshii is thrilled to announce a Bluflow integration partnership. Bluflow’s solution creates advanced digital menu systems that are already popular with many businesses. However, as a result of the collaboration with Doshii for a reliable POS connection, this technology has become even more efficient.
It took just two weeks after the initial meeting between the Doshii and Bluflow teams to set up the integration strategy.
Bluflow’s innovative solution for POS systems allows businesses to coordinate their digital menus and sales and grabs customer attention through creative and attractive digital signage and displays. It works seamlessly across all digital screens simultaneously, so updates can be applied quickly across a business’s entire system. This new App and POS integration means employees using POS technology will no longer have to enter the same information repeatedly.
Bluflow’s software was developed specifically for the hospitality industry, so they understand the requirements of some of Doshii’s biggest clients.