Doshii welcomes venues with Square
Doshii is excited to welcome Square to its ecosystem of connected Point of Sale (POS) systems across Australia. The connection enables any venue with Square POS to connect to the growing range of e-commerce applications available via Doshii App Marketplace to help operate and run their digital business.
Helping more venues connect
Doshii CEO and Founder, Sean O’Meara explains, “With the current COVID-19 environment venues are having to adapt and connect specifically with a range of ordering Applications (Apps) to run and drive digital sales to their business. Directly from Square POS, sellers can enable Doshii and gain access to the growing list of ordering and delivery Apps”
Connect today, Connect for FREE.
As part of the partnership, venues can access Doshii for free for the next six months (until October this year) and connect multiple Apps directly to their venues’ POS. Doshii connects to a range of ordering Applications such as Deliveroo, Mr Yum, OrderUp!, Mobi2Go, me&u , FROLO and WebPOS, through to reservation platforms including Resy and OpenTable.
Doshii GM, Greg Williams explains “Our goal is simple – we want to provide venues with the one platform to manage and maintain all of their digital e-commerce applications to reduce labour costs and drive revenue in a sustainable manner”
Venues can get connected immediately today.
More ordering & delivery options for Australian sellers
A number of venues have signed up to Doshii directly from their Square POS with Todd Gawn, owner of The Bearded Jaffle in Ascot Vale providing some insights:
“I wish all our Apps were on Doshii connected to our Square POS. No more copying over orders from multiple different tablets to our POS means there’s no room for error, orders automatically appear on the POS – instantly! As soon as we view the order it prints to the printers – 100’s of orders means lots of time re-entering orders, from multiple tablets. We are saving 2 minutes on each order coming through, freeing up lots of time and making service flow so much better!”
I wish all our Apps were on Doshii connected to our Square POS
“Doshii essentially removed an entire process for us on every order – meaning we can focus on service and speed up our preparation time. It’s only the first few days, but we couldn’t be happier with Doshii if we tried!”
More resources & support
Square has announced support for businesses during this time, including waiving software subscription fees and offering additional business assistance through their dedicated resource hub.
It’s Doshii’s view that on the other side of COVID-19, merchants and their customers’ willingness to adopt in-venue and out-of-venue digital technology will sky rocket. The Square and Doshii connector, opens the door for even more Australian venues to quickly and easily find, evaluate and manage connected Ordering App solutions for both out-of-venue and in-venue (when it starts again) ordering.
More ordering & delivery options for Australian sellers
“We are excited to partner with Doshii to provide Square sellers with additional options for ordering and delivery, especially during this time,” said Square Australia’s Business Development Lead Colin Birney. “This is an integration we know our hospitality businesses will appreciate, enabling them to use one simple system for all their ordering and payment needs, eliminating the hassle of juggling multiple apps and potentially missing sales.”
For assistance, get in touch with Doshii directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I activate Doshii with Square?
- Simply find Doshii in the Square Marketplace and select ‘Square’ as your POS when signing-up to Doshii. You will be asked to verify & activate your account – please check your email and authorise Doshii to access your POS when prompted.
What is the cost?
- As of April, Doshii is waiving all Standard and Premium subscription fees to assist venues digitising during COVID-19, until October 2020.
- Doshii has a Free plan offering for venues to connect one App for free on its basic plan. Doshii also offers more advanced, Premium and Enterprise starting from $49.90 per location per month. See: doshii.io/pricing
- Square has simple pricing, charging one flat fee for transactions, with no long term contracts. Square also offers a 30 day free trial for their dedicated Restaurants POS software to help businesses get started.
What’s the catch?
- There’s no catch – Doshii may charge Apps a nominal amount to connect to specific locations.
What’s the benefit to me?
- Using Doshii’s Digital Menu Management features available within the Doshii Dashboard, venues can manage their menus across all of their Doshii connected Ordering and Delivery Apps, giving power back to the venue to save time in managing pricing, naming, images etc…
Are my images from Square available in Doshii?
- Yes, if you have images attached to your menu in Square these will be automatically synchronised and appear within the Doshii Digital Menu management platform where you can also manage specific images of food and beverage across each of the connected Apps.
Where do App Orders show up in Square?
- Orders will automatically pop-up on your Square POS, and be available in your Active Orders list. You can choose ‘View New’ to view the order and choose from a range of options – all available in the Orders section of your Square POS.
Do I need to manually set order wait times?
- If your Ordering App supports this (most do) you configure the setting in your Ordering App.
Can I change the Order Status?
- Yes. The Order status can be changed per order by navigating to the Orders section of your Square POS. New Orders are automatically marked as ‘new’ and you can then toggle the order to ‘Mark as in Progress’ and ‘Mark as Picked Up’